Gardener – Newling Gardens
Application end date: 29 Jun 2017
We are seeking an experienced Gardener to join our hard working and dedicated team on a Part Time basis for an immediate start at our beautiful Newling Gardens Retirement Village.
The successful applicant will play a critical role in assisting to maintain a high standard to these beautifully established villages, finds working with seniors a rewarding experience and is willing contribute to our overall success in providing our residents a great place to live.
The primary objective of this role is to provide gardening, maintenance and cleaning services to our village residents. You will also coordinate with tradespeople to ensure the management of works, refurbishments and repairs in a professional, timely, cost effective and efficient way along with maintaining gardens and grounds, buildings, plant and equipment, roadways, paved areas and workshops to a high standard.
In addition to the above, you will require the flexibility carry out other unscheduled jobs as required by the Village Manager to enable them and their staff to continue with their routine work, and the ability to prioritise such tasks accordingly. This arrangement helps to ensure smooth village operations.
To be successful in this position you would have worked within a similar environment and hold the following:
- General gardening knowledge and experience;
- General maintenance knowledge and experience;
- General cleaning knowledge and experience;
- Trade certificates (desirable);
- First Aid Certificate (desirable);
- Current National Police Clearance (or willingness to obtain one);
- Knowledge of legislative WH&S requirements;
- The ability to work well within a team and also autonomously;
- The ability to develop strong professional relationships within the team and residents; and
- A clean, neat and tidy appearance.
The Company aims to attract and retain high quality employees through a flexible, generous, positive and friendly working environment.
Eligibility to work in Australia on an unrestricted basis is essential, along with the ability to provide (or be wiling to obtain) a current National Police Clearance and conduct a Pre Employment Medical assessment.
For a copy of the Position Description; PD – Gardener – Newling Gardens (Non Trade) – June 2017.