Leading Hand Gardener (Trade Qualified) Wood Glen Village
Application end date: 27 Aug 2017
Retire Australia is the largest privately owned operator of retirement villages in Australia. We own and operate 28 retirement villages across Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia and have a well deserved reputation for being friendly, caring communities with first class facilities.
We are seeking an experienced Leading Hand Gardener to join our hard working and dedicated team on a full-time basis for an immediate start at Wood Glen Retirement Village, located on the New South Wales Central Coast.
The function of the Leading Hand Gardener role is to assist in providing gardening services to the residents of the village in a professional, friendly and courteous manner, whilst maintaining the high standard of presentation within the village gardens.
This role will also assist the other village gardeners, and will involve mentoring and supervising several apprentices whilst working amongst a team lead by experienced and professional Horticulturists.
This position will involve:
• Pruning, weeding, fertilising, mulching etc;
• Renovation and refurbishment of existing gardens;
• Tree work, bowling green and turf management;
• Green waste and waste management;
• Furniture movement on occasions;
• Pest control;
• Garden rejuvenation;
• Road cleaning;
• Indoor plant maintenance;
• Irrigation system maintenance;
• Attending to and completing all required paperwork;
• Ensure all work areas and equipment are clean and tidy;
• Liaise with other Leading Hand Gardeners and Head Gardener on grounds issues as required;
• Completing requests from residents in a respectful and enthusiastic manner;
• Operation of all vehicles and plant in a safe manner, following all relevant regulations; and
• Outdoor physical work with some lifting in different weather extremes.
It would be advantageous if you have worked within a similar environment and possess the following:
• Certificate III Horticulture qualifications or equivalent (essential);
• Current Senior First Aid Certificate;
• A clean manual drivers licence;
• Knowledge of legislative OH&S requirements;
• A genuine interest in horticulture and landscaping;
• Ability to work well within a small team, follow directions and carry out duties autonomously;
• Ability to develop strong professional relationships within the team and with residents; and
• A clean, neat and tidy appearance.
The Company aims to attract and retain high quality employees through a flexible, generous, positive and friendly working environment.
Eligibility to work in Australia on an unrestricted basis is essential, along with the ability to provide a current National Police Clearance, less than six months old and conduct a Pre Employment Medical assessment.