Personal Care Attendant – Tarragal Glen
Application end date: 02 May 2017
We are seeking an experienced Personal Care Attendant to join our hard working and dedicated team on a Casual basis for an immediate start at our Tarragal Glen Retirement Village, situated in Erina on the beautiful Central Coast.
As we are a 24hr/7day a week operation this position is required to work shifts that cover weekends/days/afternoons/overnights plus sleepovers and relief work when required, please outline your specific availability with your application.
As Personal Care Attendant you will be responsible to provide exceptional care services in a respectful and professional manner, maintaining privacy, respect and dignity at all times.
This will include, however not be limited to;
- Assisting as required with personal care;
- Support and assist with activities of daily living, including mobility, continence management, showering, dressing, personal grooming;
- Manage and control emergencies relating to the well being of residents, staff and visitors that occur on village property;
- Maintaining safety of staff, residents and visitors, following safe working practices and Company policies and procedures;
- Assist in the preparation, servicing and delivering of meals to our residents;
- Assist in maintaining a clean environment for the residents in our care, including common areas, amenities etc;
- Effectively manage laundering for residents requesting this service; and
- Any other reasonable duty requirement as requested.
The successful applicant finds working with seniors a rewarding experience, enjoys contributing to our overall success in providing our residents a great place to live and will ideally have the following certifications or a willingness to obtain;
- Certificate III in Aged Care; and
- Current First Aid Certificate;
You will also possess the skills to have the ability to:
- A minimum of 12months proven experience within a similar role;
- Kitchen hand experience (is desirable);
- Work well within a team, but also autonomously when required;
- Well developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a well presented, cheerful and positive disposition; and
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks.
The Company aims to attract and retain high quality employees through a flexible, generous, positive and friendly working environment.
Eligibility to work in Australia on an unrestricted basis is essential, along with the ability to provide (or be wiling to obtain) a current National Police Clearance and conduct a Pre Employment Medical assessment.
For a copy of the Position Description;PD – Personal Care Attendant (Grade 3) – Oct 2016