Published: 1 September 2020
We want to share with you the latest recommendation from NSW Health on visiting aged care facilities and what this means for Belrose Country Club. While our village is not an aged care facility, for the wellbeing of the residents in our Care Apartments, visiting the Clubhouse will be restricted for the next 14 days until 12 September.
NSW Health Alert: 14 day guidelines for Aged Care visitors
28 August 2020
The current Sydney CBD outbreak involves people who have travelled from multiple areas in the Sydney metropolitan and Central Coast areas. As a precaution NSW Health is extending existing visitor restrictions by strongly advising people who live or work in the Greater Sydney metropolitan area and Central Coast to refrain from visiting aged care facilities until 12 September.
There is currently no evidence of any cases in aged care residents or staff in aged care facilities in NSW. These are precautionary steps to prevent the entry of COVID-19 into this vulnerable setting.
The following Clubhouse and Care Apartment access guidelines are now in place:
- Limit visits and outings to what is essential:
- Personal/ home care
- Delivery of food, medication and essential supplies
- Compassionate reasons.
- All visitors, Independent Living Unit (ILU) residents, contractors and Home Care providers must please wear a mask to enter the Clubhouse and Care Apartments.
- Visits from children under 16 are on hold.
- Visits must be conducted in the resident’s apartment or outdoors, not in community areas.
- Practise social distancing wherever possible, including maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres.
- Visitors to continue to be signed in by staff, have their temperature taken & be asked a short questionnaire about their health status.
- Visiting hours, 10am – 12 midday and 2pm – 4pm on Sunday 6 September.
- Visits to be a maximum of 30 minutes each and two visitors at a time please.
- All access doors to the clubhouse will remain closed.
- Access to the gym and pool:
- Open to ILU residents only.
- Sessions are strictly limited to 30 minutes.
- Please book in prior to your session.
- To access the pool and gym please enter and exit via the main entrance doors.
- ILU residents must please wear a face mask before they enter and whilst they are walking through the common areas.
- The library is temporarily closed until the 12th September.
- Activities in the recreation room and the craft room:
- ILU residents may continue to access activities while wearing a face mask.
- At this time, Care Apartment residents are not able to join these activities with ILU residents.
- ILU residents are to access the activities via the downstairs recreation room only – no access via the main entry doors.
- ILU residents can continue to access essential services (Doctor, Physio and podiatrist) however they must wear a face mask.
- Bus trips to Glenrose and Forestway shops will continue and be limited to four passengers at a time. All passengers must wear a face mask on the bus.
COVID-19 is still around, so we all need to be cautious and continue to do as much as reasonably possible to ensure that our village remains a safe haven for our community.As always, please contact your village office if you have question or need any assistance.
Thank you and stay safe.
Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW
COVID-19 testing clinics in NSW