Published: 1 September 2020
We want to share with you the latest recommendation from NSW Health on visiting aged care facilities and what this means for Tarragal Manor. While our village is not an aged care facility, for the wellbeing of the residents in our Care Apartments, visiting the Clubhouse will be restricted for the next 14 days until 12 September.
NSW Health Alert: 14 day guidelines for Aged Care visitors
28 August 2020
The current Sydney CBD outbreak involves people who have travelled from multiple areas in the Sydney metropolitan and Central Coast areas. As a precaution NSW Health is extending existing visitor restrictions by strongly advising people who live or work in the Greater Sydney metropolitan area and Central Coast to refrain from visiting aged care facilities until 12 September.
There is currently no evidence of any cases in aged care residents or staff in aged care facilities in NSW. These are precautionary steps to prevent the entry of COVID-19 into this vulnerable setting.
The following visiting guidelines are now in place at Tarragal Manor:
- Limit visits and outings to what is essential:
- Personal/ home care
- Delivery of food, medication and essential supplies
- Compassionate reasons.
- Visits from children under 16 are on hold.
- Ensure visits are conducted in the resident’s apartment or outdoors, not in community areas.
- Practise social distancing wherever possible, including maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres.
- All visitors to please wear a mask to enter the Manor and Care Apartments.
- Visitors to continue to be signed by staff, have their temperature taken & be asked a short questionnaire about their health status.
- Visiting hours, 10am – 12 midday and 2pm – 4pm on Sunday 6 September.
- Visits to be a maximum of 30 minutes each and two visitors at a time please.
We have also ceased group activities in the Manor until the 12th of September
COVID-19 is still around, so we all need to be cautious and continue to do as much as reasonably possible to ensure that our village remains a safe haven for our community.
As always, please contact your village office if you have question or need any assistance.
Thank you and stay safe.
Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW
COVID-19 testing clinics in NSW