Last updated: 17 February 2021
The situation concerning COVID-19 is ever changing. We’re paying close attention and being responsive to additional measures we need to introduce to keep our residents and our communities safe and healthy.
Any non RetireAustralia contractors that visit residents’ in their homes are required to sign in to the village at reception before proceeding to the unit/ villa. Examples of independent contractors includes carers, cleaners, maintenance people, grocery delivery people and health professionals such as doctors, nurses, pathologists, podiatrists or physio therapists.
This is a workplace health and safety requirement that was in place prior to COVID-19. However, for COVID-19 contract tracing purposes, it is now more important than ever before.
RetireAustralia contractors and suppliers
Effective Friday 18 March 2020, each day you attend a village, you will be required to:
- Contact Village Reception by phone, before you begin any work or visit any residents
- Sign a health declaration
It is important that you do not enter if:
- You have been overseas in the last 14 days
- You have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19
- You have any of the COVID-19 symptoms – fever, cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat
- You have any signs of illness
When in our villages, please:
- Exercise the principles of social distancing, including maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres from residents and staff wherever possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid physical contact with staff and residents.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe.