The Greater Brisbane’s lockdown will be lifted from 12pm Thursday 1 April. The lockdown was originally set to ease at 5pm.
Limited restrictions will apply across Queensland for the next two weeks until April 15 including:
- You must carry a mask at all times when you leave home
- You must wear a mask in indoor public spaces
This includes shopping centres, supermarkets, libraries, offices, gyms, public transport etc.
- It is strongly recommended you wear a mask outdoors if you are unable to physically distance
- You can remove your mask to consume food or drink
- A maximum of 30 people in private residences
- Aged care and disability facilities only allowed end of life visitors
- Visitors must remain seated in hospitality venues
- Customers must check into venues and provide their contact details for contact tracing purposes.
What does this mean for our communities?
- Village checkpoints in Brisbane will be removed today.
- Community centre and common facilities in Brisbane communities can recommence.
- Across our Queensland communities, please wear a mask when in the Community Centre, for indoor activities and if you cannot physically distance.
Thank you for your support and cooperation. We will continue to monitor the situation over the weekend and notify you if anything changes.
Wishing you a safe and happy Easter.
COVID-19 contact tracing in Queensland
COVID-19 testing and fever clinics in Queensland