Published: 14 December 2020
The New South Wales government has further eased COVID-19 restrictions. Here’s a quick update of what this means for our NSW retirement communities.
What this means for our NSW communities
- We can dance at village functions.
- We recommend only having one dance partner and that you consider wearing a mask.
Visiting Care/ Serviced Apartments
- There are no longer any specific restrictions on visitors to care/ serviced apartments.
- Visitors must continue to enter via the main community centre entrance so they can be signed in, have their temperature checked and answer questions about their health status.
- Visitors are requested to spend their visit within an apartment and not within public spaces in the community centre.
- Within the community centre is a safe space for apartment residents who wish to stay safe by maintaining a ‘bubble’ for apartment residents only.
Visiting Glengara Care
- Only two visitors at a time to residents at Glengara Care please.
- Visitors are required to enter via the main community centre entrance please. They will be asked to sign in, have their temperature checked and answer questions about their health status.
- Within the community centre is a safe space for Glengara Care residents who wish to stay safe by maintaining a ‘bubble’ for apartment residents only.
Being COVID Safe is a responsibility we all share
We’re all relieved that restrictions are easing as we head into Christmas and end of year festivities. While Australia is in a good place in its battle to supress COVID-19, the pandemic is not over yet. So it is wise to continue practicing safe behaviours.
- Please book ahead to secure your place for village activities.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Keep a physical distance of 1.5 metres from people you don’t live with.
We are here to help
If you have any questions or concerns, or need support, please do not hesitate to call your Village Manager.
NSW specific COVID-19 information and advice
COVID-19 testing clinics in NSW