Published: 8 January 2021
This morning, the Queensland government announced that people living in Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay home from 6pm on Friday 8 January until 6pm on Monday 11 January.
People should not leave Greater Brisbane during this period.
What does the lockdown mean?
Greater Brisbane residents can only leave their home for the following reasons:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services.
- Medical care needs.
- Exercise in your local neighbourhood.
- Essential work, where you cannot work from home.
- To undertake a COVID test or in the case of an emergency.
Non-residents currently visiting in Greater Brisbane are strongly encouraged to remain until the end of the restriction period 6pm on Monday 11 January.
Limit of two visitors in homes. If you do go outside, masks are mandatory.
What does this mean for our QLD Communities?
We acknowledge that these restrictions are incredibly hard, especially having just come out of 2020, however, given the elevated risk it is important that we all do the right thing and work together to keep yourself, neighbours and loved ones safe.
RetireAustralia will be implementing the following precautionary measures:
- The community centre and common facilities will be closed and all activities cancelled.
- Only essential visits will be accepted into the village:
- To deliver personal care, medication, food and groceries.
- For compassionate reasons.
- No children under 16.
- Property inspections have been cancelled and only essential maintenance will take place.
- Sales tours have been cancelled.
- All staff and essential workers are required to wear masks at all time.
What does this mean for residents?
- Please only leave your home if it is absolutely necessary.
- Ask friends and family if they can drop off food and groceries for you.
- Contact your local pharmacy to arrange medication deliveries.
- Keep your visitor log updated.
- Wear a mask if you leave your home.
- Practice social distancing.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 get tested and let your Village Manager know.
We are here to help
If you have any questions or concerns, or need any help, please call your Village Manager directly.
In particular, if you are unclear of the restrictions or need help accessing groceries, medication, your GP or masks, please call your Village Manager.
We are monitoring this closely and will provide another update on Monday 11 January, as the Queensland government reassesses the situation.
Take care and stay safe.
COVID-19 contact tracing in Queensland
COVID-19 testing and fever clinics in Queensland